6th August 2019.
Win a travel filmmaking trip to Malaysia.
This is your chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Malaysia and be personally mentored by award-winning filmmaker Jenny Nichols. You could be capturing staggering seascapes and incredible biodiversity while telling stories of the diverse local communities who call Malaysia home.
You’ll need to convince the judging panel through your application that you have the spirit of adventure and a passion for travel filmmaking. A good travel documentary should:
- Convey a strong narrative in English (or with English subtitles).
- Focus on a specific travel story within a 3 minute timeframe.
- Show your interviewing skills and ability to coax a good story from your subject.
- Demonstrate strong filmmaking skills.
- Show originality.
- Be visually engaging.
The scholarship recipient, along with the shortlist of the best films, will be published on the World Nomads website on 10th September, 2019.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From October 11 till October 23 2019.
You need to be 18 or over at the time of the application deadline (August 6, 2019).
To be eligible, It’s require you have a conversational level of English. To get the most out of this mentorship, you will need to be able to communicate with your mentor, Jenny Nichols, who only speaks English.
- If you’re still learning the craft of filmmaking and if creating films is responsible for less than 25% of your income, then you’re eligible to apply. This may mean you have had a few films commissioned in the past, or keep a regular video channel of your own – but it isn’t your full-time gig. If you derive more than 25% of your income from any aspect of filmmaking, you would be considered a professional and therefore not eligible to apply.
- You do need a current passport with at least eight months left before expiry.
- The applicant must be eligible to obtain a Malaysian visa.
- Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Malaysia.
- A 10-day, all-expenses-paid trip in Malaysia, including a 3-day post-production workshop.
- Mentorship with professional filmmaker Jenny Nichols through the 10-day trip.
- $1000 USD worth of audio equipment courtesy of RØDE Microphones.
- A Lowepro camera bag of the winner’s choice (up to the value of $150 USD) and Langly camera accessories.
- The cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
First Step: Make a 3-minute documentary: Interview an adventurer or inspiring traveler and bring their compelling travel story to life.
Second Step: Upload your film to YouTube or Vimeo and make sure your video is publicly accessible.
Third Step: Complete the application form here, Fill in your personal details so they know how to contact you should you make the shortlist.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Eman Fadel Ali / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team