20 January 2020
The Wise Award 2020-Qatar Foundation
The 2020 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
Qatar Foundation, under the leadership of its Chairperson, Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser established the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) in 2009. WISE is an international, multi-sectoral platform for creative thinking, debate and purposeful action. WISE has established itself as a global reference in new approaches to education. Through both the biennial Summit and a range of ongoing programs, WISE is promoting innovation and building the future of education through collaboration.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Community Development
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The deadline for submission of applications is January 20, 2020, 13.00 GMT.
- The Pre-Jury will review all eligible applications.
- The shortlisted 12 Finalists will be announced in May 2020.
- An independent Innovation Assessment will be organized, as described below.
- The Jury will review the 12 finalists based on the submitted forms and the evaluations conducted onsite.
- Announcement of the six winners mid-October.
- The six winners will be visited onsite by the WISE film team starting mid-July 2020.
The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that: –
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
-Its innovative nature.
-Its distinctiveness within its sphere of action.
-The type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
- Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
- Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
- Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
Note: The submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
- Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000
- Winners receive global visibility on WISE platforms and partnership events
Winners are honored at the global biennial summit
First Step: Create an account from here.
Second Step: Choose application.
Third Step: Start filling in the application.
- It is possible to apply for a WISE Awards on behalf of your own project, or to nominate another project for the WISE Award.
- In order for the application/nomination form to be eligible, your submission must:
- Be entered into the official form on the online system (curriculum vita or other forms of documents will not be considered)
- Be complete and accurate
- Be submitted in English
- Be submitted online by the official deadline. In the case of an application, the form must include the contact details of two supporters (e.g. former donors, local governments, other NGOs, etc.)
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Abd El-hamid Zaghloul/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team