10 December 2018 (for A Semester 2019)
18 January 2019 (for A Semester 2019)
15 May 2019 (for B Semester 2019)
15 September 2019 (for T Semester 2019)
Hamilton, New Zealand
International Excellence Scholarship-The University of Waikato
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes1 at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato is a consistent climber in the most prestigious international rankings. They’ve risen 127 places in the QS World University Rankings in five years, and the latest Times Higher Education World University Rankings brought the university up to third equal in New Zealand. The university stands proudly on the world stage as a provider of future-focused, international education and an active player in global research. Their rankings reflect these strengths.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Jordan, Iran and OTHER COUNTRIES from Africa, South Asia, East Asia, South East Asia, Europe, North America, Latin America
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato
- Not have paid fees at the time of application
- Be applying to enroll for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree 1 at the University of Waikato
- Be an international student who has completed Year 13 and who complies with the requirements of Immigration New Zealand (INZ) for the full tenure of the Scholarship (If they have studied in a New Zealand high school)
- Not be classified as a domestic student
- Have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies
- In the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme/s of study with a total duration of not less than 12 months at the University of Waikato
- have received a Formal or Conditional Offer of Place from the University of Waikato
- Be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available)
- Not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body
- Not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement
- The International Excellence Scholarship will be applied to tuition fees only and is not transferrable.
- Students are required to pay their first year of tuition fees and apply for a student visa. The University will transfer the scholarship funding to the student’s tuition fees once their enrolment has been completed.
- The Scholarship will have a value up to NZD$10,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme/s of study once their enrolment is completed.
First Step: Applications must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office by:
- 10 December (first closing date for offers commencing in A Semester)
- 18 January (final closing date for offers commencing in A Semester)
- 15 May (for offers commencing in B Semester)
- 15 September (for offers commencing in T Semester)
Applicants must upload the following as part of their online application:
- Their Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato
- A personal statement that sets out the following: What are your career goals/aspirations? How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals? What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
Second Step: Prior to commencing the application, the applicant is required to complete the following documents.
Third Step: Complete the online application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Noha Elbehery/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team