30 April, 2019.
Nikon Small World Contest 2019.
The Nikon International Small World Competition first began in 1975 as a means to recognize and applaud the efforts of those involved with photography through the light microscope.
A photomicrograph is a technical document that can be of great significance to science or industry. But a good photomicrograph is also an image whose structure, color, composition, and content is an object of beauty, open to several levels of comprehension and appreciation.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Prizewinners will be notified by August 15, 2019.
- Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible, with the exception of employees of Nikon, their families, the contest judges, and individuals engaged in the manufacture or sale of microscopes, related accessories or photographic equipment.
- Former first prizewinners are ineligible to win first prize in the three contests immediately following the contest they won but can win other prizes.
- Any image that has won any other photomicrography competition is not eligible to win this contest.
- Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope, such as one of the Nikon series of microscopes. Electron and any other microscopes that do not capture imagery using optical light technology are not permitted.
- Macro Photography is not permitted.
- The use of Nikon equipment is not required.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Images must be submitted as follows:
- Images must be in jpeg, png, psd, or tiff format and videos in flv, mp4, mpg, wmv, avi, mov format. (Please submit the highest quality image with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution.)
- For images on film, a 35mm mounted transparency will be accepted. Glass mounts are not accepted.
- 1st Prize – $3,000.
- 2nd Prize – $2,000.
- 3rd Prize – $1,000.
- 4th Prize – $800.
- 5th Prize – $600.
- 6th Prize – $400.
- 7th-10th Prizes – $300 each.
- 11th-20th Prizes – $200 each.
- Honorable Mentions – $100 each.
Note: Prizes for top 3 winners are paid by check in US funds and other prizes are paid by Visa gift card also in US funds. Winners responsible for all applicable taxes
Prizes for top 3 winners are paid by check in US funds and other prizes are paid by Visa gift card also in US funds. Winners responsible for all applicable taxes.
First Step: Read the competition rules from here.
Second Step: Prepare your images for uploading according to the instructions.
Third Step: Set up a Small World Entrant Account, or enter the competition as a guest.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Emam Mahmoud / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt ”
“ Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team