WORLD SIGHT DAY Photo competition
Over a billion people have a vision impairment that could have been treated or addressed. Prevalence of vision impairment in many low- and middle-income regions is estimated to be four times higher than in high-income regions.
2020 has been a year of extraordinary changes because of the COVID-19 pandemic raging across the world. Most countries have prioritized COVID-19 control and every aspect of the country’s health system has a role to play.
Yet, there is hope in sight. There are many innovations and models that eye health, which can positively impact health. With the theme “Hope in Sight”, IAPB encourages you to share photos that highlight the impact, the strength of their partnerships and highlight the importance of vision everywhere in the world.
Opportunity focus areas:
- Creative, Applied Arts and Design, Film making, Television, Photography, Visual Arts/Fine Arts (painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, video, film making)
- Not Specified
- Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
- Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Cyprus, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Yemen
- Required Languages
- Other Requirements
How To Apply
Sign in to be able to see how to apply
Sign in to your account
- Created by
- Mai Gamal\ Egypt
- Published by
- Marwa Bouzidi/ Algeria
- Reviewed by
- Reem Ghazal/ Egypt
- Opportunity Type
- Competitions, Contests, Awards, Prizes, Non-Degree Opportunities
- Funding Type
- Program Period
- Less than month
- Program Start
- Program End
- The competition will be open till 8 October 2020 – World Sight Day, after which we will pick two winners and 5 runners-up