6 May 2020 at 24 pm (Lisbon time).
Transversalidades – Photography without frontiers 2020
The competition is organized by Centro de Estudos Ibéricos (CEI) & the pictures collected under this contest should portray the diversity of territories, societies and cultures of different continents.
Pursuing this mission and taking into account the importance that photography assumes in contemporary societies ,the Transversalities Project uses photography as a way to promote the inclusion of territories and regional cooperation.
Photos in the contest must allude to one of the following subjects:
- Landscapes, biodiversity and natural heritage (Natural resources and risks; use, management and planning of natural areas and diversity of contexts, etc.).
- Rural areas, agriculture and settlement (Goods and agricultural products, organization of rural areas; places and rural architecture, mobility, etc.).
- The city and the urbanization process (City, architecture, regeneration and urbanization processes; landscapes, urban environments and experiences, etc.).
- Culture and society: cultural diversity and social inclusion(Constructed legacy and cultural heritage, ways of life and social conditions; fight against poverty and social exclusion, etc.).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The Jury’s decision will be announced on the official website of CEI 31st October 2020.
- Ensure they are the only holders of all rights over the photo they have in contest and that are authorized and therefore are responsible for the use and dissemination of images in which people who can be identified may appear.
- Registration is free and universal.
- The applicant must guarantee that pictures:
- are originals;
- don’t include any identification element of its author;
- have not yet been published, exhibited or previously rewarded.
- Formats and dimensions of the photos:
- Photos should be in digital format, JPG type . In order to upload files larger than 20MB, send through this website .
- Contestants must only send a single file – type zip or rar- which should contain all the contest photos.
- Photos must have a screen resolution of 72 dpi and size (W * or H) from 2000 to 2500 pixels (horizontal* or vertical, according to the angle of the photo).
- The Overall Winner (1) for the best and most complete submitted portfolio will receive 1500 Euros.
- The Winner of each theme (4) for the best and most complete portfolio will receive 750 Euros.
- The Jury will also award up to 12 portfolios, being each one awarded with 150 Euros.
Note: The financial support will be delivered until 31st of December 2020. If it is not possible to contact the winner, the support will only be able to be claimed until the 31st of January 2021.
First Step: Fill in the application form with the following fields:
- Personal information about the author.
- Description for each photo.
- Declaration accepting the conditions of the contest.
Second Step: Submit a file with portfolio of six (6) photos to the following email: email@example.com. (The file name must be identified by the identification the number of each contestant: identity card number, passport or other. (Ex: 122258045.zip)
- Each contestant will be assigned a code that will identify the candidate before the jury.
- Registration is free.
- The evaluation of the material submitted to the competition will be conducted by the jury according to: loyalty to the proposed topics, creativity and photographic quality.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Rowan Adel Zaghloul/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Reem Ghazal/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team