31 December 2019.
Smash the Narrative project- Art Prize 2020
This art prize is designed to encourage artists to examine notions relating to freedom of expression. We hope artists can use their works to express their ideas and feelings to the audience on a deep and personal level. The purpose of this project is to use art to promote public discussion around major political and social issues. Every two years we award a prize for art relating to a specific topic.
Narratives are the stories which we use to make sense of the world. But the same set of objective facts about a series of event will be interpreted as radically different stories by different groups of people. It is all too easy to become complacent and take the narratives we hear in the media or from the people around us at face value.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The gallery exhibition will be on 7th March 2020
- Everyone can apply to the exhibition who is able to deliver art to the exhibition to Amsterdam (if selected and invited) and attend to the opening of the exhibition (or to have a representative there). Works must be delivered by hand. International courier deliveries will not be accepted.
- Almost all types of art can take part in the art prize (including painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture, installation, photo excluding performance and video art).
- Paintings should take up total wall space no greater than 3m x 3m. Please be aware that the venue is upstairs and very larger sculptures may be inappropriate.
- The year of the artwork creation has to be not earlier than 2017, but we encourage artists to create new pieces for the prize.
- Artist can apply through the Application form (which will be provided on the webpage of the Art Prize).
- Information provided by the artist in the application (information about the artist, work description, contact information) will be used for communication (presentation online and in the documentation).
- By applying, artists agree that they can deliver their art to the exhibition in Amsterdam and be present at the opening event of the exhibition.
- The completed application form will only be accepted if the artist abides by these terms. The application will be considered for selection only if it is filled properly and artwork photo is attached.
- The quality of the photo for the application has to be 1000×1000 px minimum, more than 72 dpi (upload via form – please encode as jpg)
- The art must be delivered to the gallery ready to hang. All additional stands and hanging elements on the back of the painting have to be provided by the artist.
- Artist is responsible for delivery and taking away of the work.
- Insurance will be provided by the organisation
- 10% commission is charged by the gallery if the work is sold
- 1st prize is €2,500 cash
- 2nd prize is €1,000 cash
- 3rd prize is €500 art materials
Fill in this application here.
You are welcome to apply to the Art Prize only if you are able to take part in the exhibition which will take place in NDSM Fuse, Amsterdam if you are selected.
If you can not deliver your work of art to Amsterdam, we will be forced to exclude you from participating.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Esraa Badawi/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Fadel Ali / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team