February 13, 2019, at 5 p.m. PT.
Houston, Texas, USA.
AnitaB.org- Emerging Technologist Abie Award
The Emerging Technologist Abie Award is a new award that highlights the creative ways women in technology confront problems and seek solutions, AnitaB.org want to celebrate women who are still early in their careers and have the potential to shape the future of their fields for years to come.
AnitaB.org helps women make significant contributions to technical fields, the programs and awards highlight the accomplishments of women technologists, while events and communities enable women to establish their peer networks.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Technology (Engagement and Human Development )
AND ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- September 24, 2018: Nomination open.
- February 13, 2019: Nominations close at 5 p.m. PT.
This award is open to mid-career women technologists (mid-level managers and contributors) employed by for-profit, nonprofit, and government organizations. This includes:
- Women technologists with established technical expertise who are nominated during the first 10 years of their technical careers (measured either from graduation/certification or from their entry into a technical role following a career change).
- Women technologists in software development, research & development, or engineering, as well as those in other occupations that require deep technical specialization or knowledge.
- Recipients are honored by the technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration.
- The award also includes a cash prize.
First Step: Create an account on Anita Borg Institute.
Second Step: You will need to submit the Emerging Technologist Abie Award Nomination Form 2019 ( SAMPLE).
Third Step: You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words).
- A two to three-page statement of merit from the nominator.
- The nominee’s CV or resume.
- Landscape orientation high-resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shorouk Nasser / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Soueilem Mohamed Lemine / Mauritania ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team