24 January 2020
2019-2020 Thought For Food Challenge
The TFF Challenge is an annual global innovation competition focused on creating and accelerating successful, socially responsible food and agriculture startups in all parts of the world.
TFF calls on the next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs to develop new food and agriculture-related business concepts and ventures that improve livelihoods, replenish natural resources, sequester carbon, reduce waste and enhance health and nutrition. The projects should leverage cutting-edge technologies like biotech, blockchain, AI/machine learning, and robotics and incorporate collaborative, circular and inclusive business models.
The TFF Challenge runs for a full 12 weeks where you will gain deep knowledge in food and ag, entrepreneurship, tech, and innovation; connect with world-class mentors; benefit from practical personal development tools; and connect with like-minded social-impact entrepreneurs from over 160 countries around the world.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Food and Agriculture
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Full 12 weeks
- Individuals between the ages of 18 and 37 at time of entry.
- Teams must be comprised of at least 2 and no more than 5 eligible participants. Teams may be comprised of eligible participants from the same or different disciplines, communities, countries, universities, etc.
- Employees, vendors and contractors of Foundation and of Foundation donors or their affiliates are not eligible to enter or win.
- Judging of entries is accomplished in two successive rounds. Winners of the first round (“Round 1”) are automatically advanced to the second round (“Round 2”). Foundation will identify ten (10) teams (“Finalists”) or more to advance to Round 2. Finalists will be anounced via the Thought For Food website, email and social media no later than February 10, 2020.
- PRIZE (ROUND 1): Finalists will receive an expense-paid trip for up to five (5) team members (“Trip”) to the location of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit. The prize includes (a) round-trip economy-class airfare from Finalists place of residence to the location of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit, (b) hotel accommodations for the duration of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit, (c) round trip airport transportation, and (d) meals during the TFF Academy and TFF Summit. Prize does not include assistance with other travel costs, document fees, application costs, or other expenses associated with obtaining a passport or visa, if required.
- PRIZES (ROUND 2): Finalists who complete the TFF Academy will be required to present their project live on stage at the Thought For Food Global Summit, which will occur March 26, 2020. Several prizes will be awarded. The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project. The Runner Up will receive $7,500 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project. Foundation partner organizations such will award additional cash prizes – these include:
-the Kirchner Award winner will receive $5,000 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project, selected by the Kirchner Food Fellows and their independent criteria.
-The Borlaug Foundation Take it to the Farmer award winner will receive $2,500 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project
-Other cash prizes may be added at a later stage.
First Step: Sign up on www.tffdigitallabs.org.
Second Step: Just click the signup button on the same website and you’ll be guided through the easy signup process to create your user profile.
Third Step: You can invite your team members to join too, create a team page, and dive in right away.
Fourth Step: To complete your submission, you need to ensure that you fulfill the following criteria:
-Your team consists of 3-5 members aged 18-37.
-You have a completed team profile on the TFF Digital Labs with details about your project, mission, and purpose.
-Ideally, you have completed a series of courses, joined live sessions, and worked with a Mentor on the TFF Digital Labs.
-You have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shrouk Saleh/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Wahiba El Zayat/ Egypt ”