February 13, 2019, at 5 p.m. PT.
Houston, Texas, USA.
Anita Borg Institute-Technical Leadership Abie Award
The Technical Leadership Abie Award is the most prestigious award and celebrates a woman who led or developed a product, process, or innovation that made a notable impact on business or society.
AnitaB.org helps women make significant contributions to technical fields, the programs and awards highlight the accomplishments of women technologists, while events and communities enable women to establish their peer networks.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Technology (Engagement & Human Development & Leadership)
AND ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- September 24, 2018: Nomination open.
- February 13, 2019: Nominations close at 5 p.m. PT.
This award is open to executive and senior-level technologists, including:
- Technical leaders with responsibility for organization-wide technology strategy or expertise and/or high-level functional responsibility for a technical product, as well as executive-level individual contributors.
- Technical leaders who may reside outside of the “technical career path” or R&D/Engineering function, but manage technical employees and the delivery of technical products, lead technical development, project teams, divisions, and organizations, and/or have deep technical knowledge/specialization.
The award is presented to a woman technologist who inspires the women’s technology community through outstanding technological contributions. Nominees are evaluated based on the following:
- Contributions to technology: The nominee has demonstrated leadership by undertaking sustained technical work that covers important new ground. Consider the breadth, depth, and sustained nature of her work as a technologist and a leader in her field.
- Overall Impact: The technical contributions of the nominee have strongly impacted business or society.
- Impact on the community of women in tech: The nominee has deliberately acted to increase women’s impact, representation, and effectiveness in technology.
- The technical women’s community at the Grace Hopper Celebration and invited to give a presentation on their work and accomplishments at the celebration.
- The award also includes a cash prize.
First Step: Create an account on Anita Borg.org.
Second Step: You will need to submit the Technical Leadership Abie Award Nomination Form 2019 ( SAMPLE).
Note: You will need to submit:
- Two letters of reference from professional contacts of the nominee.
- The nominee’s biography (maximum of 500 words).
- A two to three-page statement of merit from the nominator.
- The nominee’s CV or resume.
- Landscape orientation high-resolution photograph of the nominee (minimum of 5MB JPG).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shorouk Nasser / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Soueilem Mohamed Lemine / Mauritania ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team