October 15, 2019 to Register for the Lean Startup online course
November 26, 2019 to Complete the course and submit your social venture idea
The Acumen-Rockefeller Foundations Student Social Innovation Challenge 2019
The Acumen-Rockefeller Foundations seeks to inspire and foster large-scale human impact that promotes the well-being of humanity throughout the world by identifying and accelerating breakthrough solutions, ideas and conversations.
Acumen is a global nonprofit changing the way the world tackles poverty. Acumen invests in social entrepreneurs and share their knowledge and insights to empower change agents around the world through Acumen Academy.
The Rockefeller Foundation
The Rockefeller Foundation advances new frontiers of science, data, policy and innovation to solve global challenges related to health, food, power and economic mobility. As a science-driven philanthropy focused on building collaborative relationships with partners and grantees.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Food and Agriculture
- Workforce development
- Financial Inclusion
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- 3 Months for Registration
- 3 Months of one-on-one coaching, peer mentoring, and case studies.
Phase 1 — All Participants: Register for Lean Startup and Submit Your Idea
- Register for the Lean Startup online course before October 15, 2019
- Complete the course and submit your social venture idea before November 26, 2019
- Top teams will be invited to join the Student Social Enterprise Accelerator
Phase 2 — Finalists: Student Social Enterprise Accelerator
- Our online Student Social Enterprise Accelerator will begin on January 27, 2020
- Develop your idea with one-on-one coaching, peer mentoring, and case studies
- Pitch your social venture to a panel of judges before March 13, 2020
Anyone can participate in the Virtual Challenge (and compete for $20,000 in funding per team!), so long as you meet the following eligibility and participation requirements:
- Form a team of two people or more. At least one team member must be actively enrolled at a higher education institution.**
- Complete 4 of the 5 assignments in the Lean Startup course (including the final assignment) and submit an application for the Accelerator program. At least two team members must complete the Lean Startup course.
- Interview for and be selected to participate in the Student Social Enterprise Accelerator program.
- Participate in at least 7 of the 8 Accelerator Learning Labs and submit all assignments, including a final pitch deck. The pitch deck must include a budget for the prize funding and a three-month work plan including key milestones and dates.
**Enrollment at a higher education institution is defined as taking one or more courses that earn credit towards an academic degree.
Winning teams of the Virtual Challenge are eligible to receive up to $20,000 in funding per team. The total prize pool for the Virtual Challenge is $200,000. They anticipate distributing $100,000 in funding in the Fall Virtual Challenge, and $100,000 in the Spring Virtual Challenge.
First Step: Register for the Lean Startup online course before October 15, 2019 from here.
Second Step: Complete the course and submit your social venture idea before November 26, 2019.
Third Step: Top teams will be invited to join the Student Social Enterprise Accelerator.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Khaled A. / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team