16 September 2018
SPIE Annual International Day of Light Photo Contest
The SPIE Annual International Day of Light Photo Contest is being held to raise awareness about IDL and the vital role that light and light-based technologies play in daily life.
The theme of the photo contest is: A World of Light–The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life.
Examples of content includes, but is not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere and materials
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
• People interacting with light and/or light technology
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Winners will be notified 16 October 2018.
Winners will be announced 30 October 2018.
- The photo contest is open to people of all ages, both amateur and professional photographers, except employees of SPIE and optics.org, their immediate families, the contest judges, and consultants/contractors of SPIE. Immediate family is defined as all grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren, in-laws, or anyone living in the SPIE or optics.org employee’s household.
- Entrants are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Contest is void where prohibited
- Photo Type, Size, Format, and Resolution: Photographs depicting the vital role that light and light-based technologies plays in daily life must be in digital format, suitable for public exhibition and printing at high-resolution. All images must be 300 dpi or more and at least 3,000 pixels on the longest side. File size should be no less than 5MB and no greater than 20MB. TIF and JPEG/JPG are the ONLY accepted formats. Please submit the highest quality images that meet these requirements. Images that don’t meet these criteria will not be judged.
- Photo Alterations: Only limited enhancement of the original photograph is permitted for the purpose of improving brightness and contrast or removing minor cosmetic flaws. Black and white images are acceptable. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified.
- Content Standards: The photograph must not, in the sole discretion of the organizer, contain obscene, offensive,
discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
The photo title must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of the content is cause for disqualification. Judges will look at every photo to see if it is authentic and may disqualify photos that are in any way deceptive. Watermarks are not acceptable.
- 1st Place: US $2,500
- 2nd Place: US $1,000
- 3rd Place: US $500
Winning photographs will also be published in various SPIE publications, online, other printed materials, and displayed at SPIE conferences and exhibitions. Credit will be given to the photographer.
Limit one prize per participant.
First Step: Press the “Apply Now” button below.
Second Step: Fill all the required information and upload your image.
Third Step: Submit your application.
Note: Each person may submit a maximum of two (2) entries. The contest is limited to the first 1,000 entries.
Need more information?
Email us at [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma Merhabi/ Lebanon “
Reviewed by” Neama Fahmy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team