30 April 2019.
International Basketball Foundation – FIBA Photo Contest
The Contest will be a unique opportunity for all keen photographers and basketball lovers to show their talents. As a participant in the contest, you need to send to the IBF, your best photos in link with the theme chosen by IBF. The forty (40) best photos selected by the jury will be exhibited temporarily at the House of Basketball, in the FIBA world headquarters in Mies (Switzerland).
The International Basketball Foundation (IBF) was founded in 2008 by FIBA, the International Basketball Federation.The Foundation is the social, educational and legacy arm of FIBA that addresses the role of sports and particularly basketball in society, preserving and promoting basketball’s values and its cultural heritage.
The chosen theme for the competition is as followed:
- How does basketball change lives?
Opportunity Focus Area:
English. (For filling the application form)
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The winners will be announced on June 28th, 2019 on the contest website as well as on the FIBA website.
- The Contest is open to everyone regardless of age, nationality and country of residence. Participants under 18 years of age are responsible for ensuring that their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country. Minors are deemed to have received their parents’ or legal guardian’s prior approval for their participation in this Contest. The approval must be joined to the registration.
- Participation in the Contest is free of charge.
- Collaborators of the IBF and of FIBA are excluded from participation in the Contest.
- The Contest is open from January 14th, 2019 until April 30th, 2019 at midnight (GMT/UTC). After this date and time, submissions will no longer be taken into consideration.
- Photos must be taken by the participant himself/herself and be personal creations. They cannot be presented in the name of a third party.
- Pictures must be in connection with the theme chosen by IBF. Photos that are not linked to the theme will be excluded from the Contest and the participant’s entry will be removed. The same will happen to photos containing inappropriate content (such as, but not limited to, violence, racism or pornography). Photos containing promotional or commercial content will not be accepted.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of three (3) pictures regardless of the theme. Participants will be deemed to have officially entered the Contest upon submission of at least one picture.
- Drawings, illustrations, computer-made or assisted pictures are not permitted. The only alterations permitted is the modification of certain parameters (Saturation, contrast, sharpness, temperature of colors, balance of whites and colors) as well as eliminating noise.
- Mandatory elements for the pictures:
- Format: JPEG/JPG format.
- Minimum size: 4MB
- Maximum size: 20MB
- Minimum number of pixels: 5 million.
- Description (date, place and small description)
- No text or description on the photo.
A jury will select the forty (40) best photographs to be exhibited at the House of Basketball, the world headquarters of FIBA.
The IBF jury will reward the authors of the ten (10) best photographs as well as the most popular photograph, with the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: 3’000 CHF
- 2nd Prize: 2’000 CHF
- 3rd Prize: 1’000 CHF
- 4th to 10th Prize: FIBA OFFICIAL LICENCE PRODUCTS
First Step: Fill in the required information and upload your work here.
Third Step: The forty best photos selected by the judges, will need to fill out a form with technical information of the photo. This will be sent directly by email.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rania Khalaf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eya Hachouch/ Head’s Country ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team