18 October 2018
Name the ADV
IGPDecaux is looking for a new set of names to identify its own products dedicated to communication and advertising (surface transportation, urban furnishing, subway, etc.), suggesting intuitive, self-explanatory names, easy to remember and to communicate to its own clients.
Product categories: the IGPDecaux products are grouped in various categories – each with different reach, format, support and targeted areas:
1) Dinamica bus, trolleybus and tram
2) Digital (Digital out of Home)
3) Metropolitana (subway)
4) Urban furnishing (not subject of the contest)
5) Billboards (not subject of the contest)
6) Airports (not subject of the contest)
Each category comprises different products, that vary according to the targeted area and other parameters, and corresponds to one award.
In order to access all the information of the categories and of the products, you are required to download the Material files.
Specializations for this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Upload phase: 5th July – 18th October 2018 (1.59 PM UTC)
Client Vote: from 18th October 2018
Winner announcement: approximately before the end of December 2018
- Aim of the contest: for each category subject of the contest – that is Dinamica, Digital and Metropolitana – you are required to create a list of names to identify the products specified in the relevant table attached inside the Material files.
For the sole “Dinamica” category, you are also invited to propose a new category name, to better represent the area targeted by the products, that is urban vehicles such as buses, trams and trolleybuses.
- Naming guidelines: the product names you propose shall:
– Preferably be written in English (or in Italian);
– Be intuitive, that is allow the client to easily understand the product typology s/he is willing to purchase;
– Be short, that is use the least possible words and a limited number of characters;
– Be easily remembered, so to allow the client to clearly remember the desired product;
– Be easily communicable, that is written in an understandable language, simple and not technical.
The names shall preferably be coherent with one another, even if belonging to different categories.
- Target: the buyers of the products offered by IGPDecaux, subject of the contest, will be both intermediary agencies (media centres and creative agencies) and final customers (companies) that wish to purchase the advertising solution of their interest.
- Material files: in order to have access to all the information on the products to rename, you are required to download the Material files, that contain:
– Product-list.PDF: with explanatory tables of the various categories, the features of the products, some photo examples, further indications on the placement, etc.
– Submission-forms: inside this folder, you will find three Excel files (.xlsx), containing the list of products to rename and the column where to write your solutions. It is fundamental that you write your proposals inside this .xlsx files. The .xlsx files can be opened with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Openoffice or other spreadsheet software.
- Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
- Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Name the ADV” will be accepted.
DINAMICA Award: €1500
DIGITAL Award: €1500
METROPOLITANA Award: €1000
Note: The selection of the winner by IGPDecaux will be the result of an unquestionable evaluation and it will take into account originality, feasibility and consistency with the brief presented.
First Step: Download the Material files.
Second Step: Press the “Upload” button on the top of the page and “Sign Up”.
Third Step: Log in to your account.
– In the “naming” field inside the contest page, specify the name of the category for which you are presenting the product names (for ex. if you submitting the names for the “Metropolitana” category, the “naming” field will be entitled “Metropolitana”);
– In the “Archive file” field, attach a .ZIP archive (not .rar or other extensions) containing the Excel file filled in with your proposals, based on the category for which you are sending the names.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma Merhabi /Lebanon “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Sakr / Egypt “
” Akram Serdani / Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team