May 15, 2019.
2019-2020 Women in Medicine Legacy Foundation Fellowship
formerly the Foundation for the History of Women in Medicine, was founded with the strong belief that understanding our history plays a powerful role in shaping our future. The resolute stand women took to establish their place in these fields propels our vision forward.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- the history of women physicians, other health workers, or medical scientists
- the history of women’s health issues
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
a flexible research period between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
Preference will be given to:
- projects that engage specifically with the history of women physicians, other health workers, or medical scientists; proposals on the history of women’s health issues will also be considered.
- those who are using collections from the Center’s Archives for Women in Medicine;however, research on the topic of women in medicine using other material from the Countway Library will be considered.
- applicants who live beyond commuting distance of the Countway; however, all are encouraged to apply, including graduate students.
In return, the Foundation requests a one page report on the Fellow’s research experience, a copy of the final product (with the ability to post excerpts from the paper/project), and a photo and bio of the Fellow for web and newsletter announcements. The Fellow will also be asked to present a lecture at the Countway Library.
- provide one $5,000 grant to support travel, lodging, and incidental expenses for a flexible research period between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
first step: Applicants should submit a proposal (no more than five pages) outlining
- the subject and objectives of the research project, length of residence, historical materials to be used, and a project budget (including travel, lodging, and research expenses)
- a curriculum vitae
- two letters of recommendations.
- The fellowship proposal should demonstrate that the Countway Library has resources central to the research topic.
second step: Applications should be sent to: The Foundation for the History of Women in Medicine Fellowship, Archives for Women in Medicine, Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine, 10 Shattuck Street, Boston, MA 02115.
*Electronic submissions of applications and supporting materials and any questions may be directed to [email protected] or (617) 432-2170.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Aya Emam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hagar Mohamed Khalil/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team