August 31, 2018.
Austria / online
WSA Young Innovators Award 2018
The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 30 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honored as outstanding digital innovation with social impact.
The World Summit Awards are a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation with high impact on improving society. Combining an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia and civil society, WSA is an international platform for cut edge examples on how ICTs can have an impact on society.
Running 15 years by now, WSA has become a quality seal for digital content with societal impact in over 180 participating countries.
The World Summit Awards are also a nomination based award system. To apply you need to be nominated by either a WSA National Expert or a Youth Ambassador as the best national digital application in one of the 8 categories. The nominations to WSA are possible through national contests and national Expert panel selection. Each country can only nominate one project/solution per category.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- GOVERNMENT & CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT – services | open data | democratic participation
- HEALTH & WELL BEING – medical care | sport | lifestyle
- LEARNING & EDUCATION – knowledge | science | skills
- ENVIRONMENT & GREEN ENERGY – climate | sustainable resources | agriculture
- CULTURE & TOURISM – heritage | entertainment | subcultures
- SMART SETTLEMENTS & URBANIZATION – mobility |productive work | sustainable living
- BUSINESS & COMMERCE – innovative services | security | finance | marketing
- INCLUSION & EMPOWERMENT – diversity | gender | justice | human rights
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Around one year
- The application is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 30
- Taking part in the WSA is eligible by being nominated by a WSA national expert.
- All information entered in the application form of the WSA Database must be in English.
The projects can be max. 2 years old at the date of nomination.
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
1. Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 5 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
2.Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
3.Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
4.Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
5.Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
6.A videoclip highlighting the winners project
7.Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
8.Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
A nomination for the World Summit Award is already a win – these are the rewards
- More coverage on your product. WSA provides nominees with press templates to help them to gain the attention of national media with support of the WSA national experts
- World Summit Award nominee seal to use on websites, social media channels and publications
- Opportunity to receive feedback from the jurors.
- Being nominated for the World Summit Award means to be the best in the respective country in one of our 8 categories. Our experience has shown that this qualification can immensely improve outreach.
Please read the applying rules here
Create a new account here
Fill your online application
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Asmaa salem/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Abd El Rahman Mohsen/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team