31 August 2018
The Preservation Foundation 2018 Contests For Unpublished Writers
The Storyhouse Writers Showcase offers three entries in each of the contests, the book must continue to provide non-fiction stories, both fiction and fiction, for publication on our site. Our goal is to publish your work and you do not have to enter any competitions for us to do so and maintain the extraordinary stories of “ordinary” people.
This year we will have prizes for four categories of nonfiction: Biographical Nonfiction, General Nonfiction, Travel Nonfiction, and Animal Nonfiction.
Unpublished writers are defined as those whose creative writing (as opposed to writing for freelance or salaried jobs) has never produced revenues of over $750 in any single year. The Preservation Foundation has sole authority to rule on any writer’s eligibility, the appropriateness of stories for entry, contest rules, and all other matters relating to the contest.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Note: The 2018 deadline is over eleven months away, so we can’t be sure if the same process will apply that has served us in the past. However, if changes must be made we will make them. If not, then the judging will be done as we did it for the 2017 contests. Click here to find out how that was done.
- Stories must be submitted as electronic files. No paper manuscripts will be considered.
- No story may be entered in more than one contest.
- The author should state which contest he/she is entering when making the submission.
- Stories entered in any of our previous contests will not be eligible unless they have been extensively revised.
- A writer may enter up to three stories in each contest.
- Stories must be between 1000–10,000 words in length.
- A biographical entry must be a true story of an individual(s) known to the author personally–not a fictional or historical character. Autobiography, of course, must be the true story of the author’s life, the whole or an episode.
- Any appropriate nonfiction topic is eligible. Stories must be true, not semi-fictional accounts.
- should be factual and true accounts of a trip taken by the author or a person or persons known by the author.
- First prize in each category will be $200.
- Runners-up will receive $100.
- Finalists will receive $50.
- Winners, runners-up, and finalists in each category will receive certificates of recognition suitable for framing.
- There are no entry fees.
- Please send it as a Word or Open Office text file.
- Please single space your manuscript, You need not indent paragraphs.
- be sure you put a single blank space between them.
- Be sure you’ve titled the story.
- We like to use a short author’s introduction to the beginning of each story and a brief biography of the author at the end. Send these along in the body of your E-mail.
- We can use one or two JPEG or GIF images with your story, so send them as E-mail attachments. If you’ve seen our pages you’ll be aware of how much illustrations add to the stories.
To know more about how to apply click here.
Send your story file in the body of an E-mail attachment to [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Islam Abo Essa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team