28 February 2019
FISH publishing Flash Fiction Prize
The Fish Flash Fiction Prize is an opportunity to attempt one of the most interesting and rewarding tasks – to create, in a tiny fragment, a completely resolved and compelling story in 300 words or less.
The Flash Fiction Stories are wonderfully entertaining to read and challenging to write, but we love them and so do the readers of the Fish Anthology. This is a chance to get a story, however small, into the next Fish Anthology.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
10 April 2019.
Winners will be announced at the FISH Anthology 10 April 2019.
- No entry form is needed.
- Entry is online or by post if required.
- You can enter as many times as you wish.
- The Flash Fiction Contest is open to writers of any nationality writing in English.
- There is no restriction on theme or style.
- Maximum number of words is 300.
- The winning stories must be available for the anthology, and therefore must not have been published previously.
- Fish holds publishing rights for one year after publication, after which publishing rights revert to the author.
- Notification of receipt of entry will normally be by email.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Stories cannot be altered or substituted once they have been entered.
- Judging is anonymous. Name and contact details must not appear on the stories, (in the box provided if entering online, on separate sheet if entering by post).
- In order to give opportunities to emerging writers: (a) Writers who have had two short stories published in Fish Anthologies may not enter for three years after their second publication. They may enter other Fish competitions. (b) Previous first prize winners may enter again, but will not be eligible for the first prize.
- Entry is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
- Entery Fees Online : €14.00
- Ten stories will be published in the Fish Anthology 2019. (First, second, third and seven honourable mentions)
- First – €1,000
- Second – €300
- Third– Online Writing Course with Fish (worth €250)
- The ten published authors will each receive five copies of the Anthology and will be invited to read at the launch during the West cork Literary Festival in July ’19.
First Step: You can enter online or by post to: Fish Flash Fiction Prize, Durrus, Bantry, Co. Cork, Ireland.
The cheaper option is to enter online.
Second Step: To Enter Online, Click on Apply now.
Third Step: Register and submit for Flash Fiction.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Waleed Ashraf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Chahineze Hakki/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team