September 14, 2018
The Manchester Writing Competition
The Manchester Poetry Prize 2018 (the “Competition”) is organised by the Manchester Metropolitan University (“Manchester Met”).
Selected pieces may be printed in publications and journals hosted by Manchester Met and may appear in electronic format on the Manchester Met website, or in other electronic forms.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
It takes 63 days as the Short-listed entrants will be notified by telephone on or before the end of Friday 16th November 2018.
- The Competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over and no upper age limit for entry.
- Entrants must submit a portfolio comprising a minimum of three and a maximum of five poems. There is no line limit – minimum or maximum – for each individual poem, but the overall maximum length of the poems combined must not exceed 120 lines. Titles, blank lines and page numbers are not included in the line count.
- Entrants may submit as many portfolios of three to five poems as they wish, but each portfolio must be submitted as a separate entry with a separate entry form and a separate entry fee.
- All work submitted for consideration can be on any subject, and written in any style or form, but must be the entrant’s own original writing, and should not have published in print or have been broadcast on or before 31st December 2018.
- The Manchester Poetry Prize” will award one prize: a cash sum of £10,000 to the winner(s).
- The judges may decide to award The Manchester Poetry Prize jointly and divide the cash sum accordingly. The maximum number of winners will be two.
- The prize money is generated entirely through entry fees and may be reduced if an insufficient number of entries are received.
*Entry fee: £17.50.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Elmaghraby / Egypt “
Reviewed by ” Marwan Mansi/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team