30 August 2018
Writing Fellowship for Arab Scholars and Activists in the Region.
The Arab Council for the social sciences is pleased to launch the third cycle of its New Paradigms Factory program (NPF) on the theme of “Gendered Resistance.
The NPF program is a writing fellowship that aims to facilitate and support writing and publishing by Arab activists and junior scholars who wish to write research-based essays targeting diverse academic and non-academic audiences, including activists, policymakers and/or the general public.
Selected fellows will be mentored by experienced activist-scholars for the writing and publishing of essays that critically reflect on dominant debates and offer alternative paradigms on the theme of “Gendered Resistance.”
The New Paradigms Factory program aims to publish the fellows’ essays in an ACSS special volume on gendered resistance.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social sciences
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, Mauritania.
- In its third cycle, the NPF program focuses on resistance from gender-centered perspectives. Applicants must critically explore not only structural and social violence and different forms of oppression, but also resistance to these forms.
- Applicant must have already completed their research. If applicants are activists, they must have more than five years of working experience in their field.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of an Arab country based in the Arab region.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s degree in the social sciences, humanities or allied disciplines and must be actively engaged in social science debates and aware of current dominant paradigms and their limitations.
- Selected fellows will receive an honorarium of $2,500 that is meant to compensate for writing time. This writing fellowship does not cover research costs.
First Step: Applicant must prepare those Documents:
- Detailed CV, including academic and non-academic publications, if available.
- One-page cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in the program and what they hope to get out of it.
- Proof of nationality or residence in the Arab region.
- Essay proposal (5 – 6 pages).
- Appendix in which applicants give evidence of research already conducted, or work already done.
Second Step: Applicants are required to create an account and a Profile Page on the ACSS Applications Platform.
Third Step: Apply to the fellowship using the online application form for the New Paradigms Factory Program, and attach the required documents.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Esraa Abdullzaher/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Raghda M. Nagy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team