July 31st, 2019
WSA Young Innovators Award 2019
The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
The World Summit Awards are a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation to improve society. Combining an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia and civil society, WSA is an international platform for cutting edge examples of how ICTs can impact society in a positive way.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- GOVERNMENT & CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT– services | open data | democratic participation.
- HEALTH & WELL BEING – medical care | sport | lifestyle.
- LEARNING & EDUCATION– knowledge | science | skills.
- ENVIRONMENT & GREEN ENERGY– climate | sustainable resources | agriculture.
- CULTURE & TOURISM– heritage | entertainment | subcultures.
- SMART SETTLEMENTS & URBANIZATION– mobility |productive work | sustainable living.
- BUSINESS & COMMERCE– innovative services | security | finance | marketing.
- INCLUSION & EMPOWERMENT– diversity | gender | justice | human rights.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Around one year.
April, 2019: WSA Call open – please get in touch with WSA office to be introduced to your national Expert or read more on participation here.
July 31st, 2019: WSA Call closes – all producers have maximum two more weeks to finish their applications in the WSA database
August 2019: WSA Online Jury processes all submitted products to select the shortlist
September – November 2019: Announcement of WSA Shortlist
September – November 2019: WSA Grand Jury evaluates WSA Shortlist to select WSA winners
December 2019: Announcement of Winners 2019
Spring 2020: WSA Winners will be presented and awarded at the WSA Global Congress 2020
- Any company, organisation or individual from all UN and UNESCO member states are welcome to apply.
- The WSA Young Innovators Award is limited to projects initiated and executed by people under the age of 26 from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
- WSA is strictly restricted to digital applications with a strong impact on society.
- Submissions for the WSA can contain mobile applications, sms based products, webpages, databases, kiosk installations, wearables, IoT etc. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The projects can be max. 2 years old at the date of nomination.
- No ideas, drafts, demonstrations or concepts are accepted, all submitted projects must be market ready or already on the market.
- WSA evaluates and highlights the content, user value and local impact of digital solutions.
. Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 5 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
.Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
.Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
.Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
.Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
.A videoclip highlighting the winners project
.Special placementon WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
.Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
A nomination for the World Summit Award is already a win – these are the rewards
- More coverage on your product. WSA provides nominees with press templates to help them to gain the attention of national media with support of the WSA national experts
- World Summit Award nominee seal to use on websites, social media channels and publications
- Opportunity to receive feedback from the jurors.
- Being nominated for the World Summit Award means to be the best in the respective country in one of our 8 categories. Our experience has shown that this qualification can immensely improve outreach.
Find out who your WSA National Expert is. Then you can contact the WSA office and them will be happy to introduce you to your WSA National Expert. Once you have contacted your expert,they will go through the steps you will need to take in order to qualify for national selection with you.
Some countries also offer application through a national contest.
Your project will be reviewed and evaluated if it meets the eligibility criteria and standards of WSA.
If your project is chosen to be nominated in one of the WSA categories, your WSA National Expert will enter your data in the WSA online Contest Database. Please make sure your WSA National Expert has the right contact data.
Upon nomination, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to complete your application. Please make sure to check your spam folder.
After submitting your application you are officially enrolled inthe global WSA.
An especially assembled international Jury will then evaluated all nominated and completed projects and choose the 40 WSA winners and WSA Young Innovators per year.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Mustafa Abulhamd/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team