15 August 2020
The Yale Drama Series competition
The Yale Drama Series is funded by generous support from the David Charles Horn Foundation By publishing serious works that contribute to a global understanding of human affairs, Yale University Press aids in the discovery and dissemination of light and truth, lux et veritas, which is a central purpose of Yale University.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Play-writing (Theater)
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- Submissions for the 2021 competition must be postmarked no earlier than June 1, 2020 and no later than August 15, 2020.
- This contest is restricted to plays written in the English language. Worldwide submissions are accepted.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays, with a minimum of 65 pages. Plays with less than 65 pages will not be considered. Translations, musicals, and children’s plays are not accepted.
- The Yale Drama Series is intended to support emerging playwrights. Playwrights may win the competition only once.
- Playwrights may submit only one manuscript per year. Only manuscripts authored by one playwright are eligible.
- Plays that have been professionally produced or published are not eligible. Plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production or that have been published as an actor’s edition will be considered.
- Plays may not be under option, commissioned, or scheduled for professional production or publication at the time of submission.
- Plays must be typed/word-processed and page-numbered.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right of the judge to not choose a winner for any given year of the competition and reserves the right to determine the ineligibility of a winner, in keeping with the spirit of the competition, and based upon the accomplishments of the author.
- There is no entry fee.
- The Yale Drama Series Competition strongly urges electronic submission. By electronically submitting your script, you will receive immediate confirmation of your successful submission and the ability to check the status of your entry.
- The winner of this annual competition will be awarded the David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000
- Publication of their manuscript by Yale University Press.
- Staged reading at Lincoln Center’s Claire Tow Theater.
First Step: Create an account here
Second Step: Submitting your play electronically in the electronic submission form including the following:
- The manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play’s title.
- The manuscript must include a 2-3 sentence keynote description of the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes.
- Please enter the title of your play, your name and contact information (including address, phone number, and email address)
- Enter a brief biography where indicated in the electronic submission form.
- Uploading your manuscript file Acceptable file types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf.
Hard copy Submissions:
First Step: Submitting your play to Yale Drama Series, P.O. Box 209040, New Haven, CT 06520-9040.
Second Step: Submitting hard copy submissions should include the following
- The manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play’s title and your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if you have one), and page count; and, a second title page that lists the title of the play only.
- The manuscript must include a 2-3 sentence keynote description of the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes. Please include a brief biography at the end of the manuscript, on a separate page.
- Do not bind or staple the manuscript.
- Do not send the only copy of your work. Manuscripts cannot be returned after the competition.
For more information regarding the Yale Drama Series please write to them at:
Yale Drama Series
P.O. Box 209040
New Haven, CT
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Toqa Abdelsalam/ Egypt “
“Nada Samir/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team