University application deadline:
- March 6, 2019 (early).
- June 12, 2019.
Scholarships application deadline:
- Early competition: January 31, 2019.
- Late competition: March 15, 2019.
York University is offering scholarships to the high achieving students to pursue a master’s degree program. Scholarships are awarded to Canadian & international students.
Vision: Science to Applications (VISTA) is a collaborative research program that builds on York’s world-class interdisciplinary research in biological and computer vision. VISTA spans five York faculties (Health, Engineering, Science, Arts Media Performance & Design; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies), five research centers (including the Centre for Vision Research), and over 50 partners in the international research community and non-academic sectors such as healthcare and industry.
The main objective of this scholarship to provide financial support to high-caliber scholars doing research that is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of a VISTA Core or Associate Member.
York University is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada’s third-largest university. York University has approximately 52,300 students, 7,000 faculties and staff, and 295,000 alumni worldwide.
VISTA will support interdisciplinary training programs across its core fields and will support training opportunities with partners in industry and public service that will enhance the student experience. Funding is available for up to two years and is in addition to base graduate student stipends. The selection process and post-award administration are carried out by the VISTA Training Committee and the VISTA Administrative Staff in collaboration with the Faculty of Graduate Studies at York University.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Science & Technology Studies
- Digital Media
- Visual Arts
For more information about the courses, click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Have applied, or be in the process of applying for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the Masters level at York University. You must be accepted as a new Masters student in the program to hold the scholarship. University application requirements:
- Graduate with an Honours degree.
- Minimum “B” grade point average. Check equivalency here.
- Some programs have higher than a “B” admission requirement and can include additional criteria. Check here.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you need to meet the minimum English requirements for your chosen program. Generally,the scores range as follows: IELTS academic (6.5 to 7.5) – TOEFL iBT (83 to 100) – YELT (1 to 5)
- Your application must be supported by a VISTA Core or Associate Member who would become your supervisor. If the primary supervisor is a VISTA Associate Member, a Core Member must also be identified to co-supervise; you can find Vista researchers and contact with the supervisors through this link.
- You must conduct research in the vision sciences as aligned with the VISTA program. The topic of the thesis research should contribute to VISTA’s mandate, which is to support fundamental and applied vision research that combines biological and computational perspectives and has translational potential for health, industry, or other applications.
- Scholarships will award $10,000 per year for up to two years.
First Step: Applying for the university
- Apply to a full time program in an Eligible Department. Read their Steps to Apply for Graduate Students.
- To complete the online graduate admission application, click Apply Now and follow the instructions. Notes:
- The application will time out after 30 minutes. Ensure you have all necessary documentation at hand when you begin the application.
- Use your full legal name (found on your birth certificate or passport) on all application forms and, if applicable, include any hyphens.
- Provide all previous names used as a York student to ensure they have one comprehensive student file for your documents.
- Ensure to include all previous post-secondary institutions on your application, including those attended on an exchange or on a letter of permission
- Pay the $100 application fee by Visa or MasterCard. If you do not wish to submit your credit card online, or if you do not have a Visa or MasterCard, please contact the Office of Admissions at 416-736-5000. The university will process your application when they have received the fee payment in full. Application fee is non-refundable.
Note: The application fee for Osgoode Professional Development is $100 CDN.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all documentation within two weeks of the application deadline. Some programs have document deadlines, please refer to the specific program details for requirements and deadlines. All documentation submitted becomes the property of York University and cannot be returned.
- Study Permit and visa information.
Second Step: Applying for the scholarship
- Step 1: Confirm eligibility
- Step 2: Have a VISTA Core or Associate Member willing to act as your primary supervisor; you can find Vista researchers and contact with the supervisors through this link.
- Step 3: Complete and sign the VISTA Application form.
- Step 4: Provide one-page summary of proposed research plus signature page; A one-page summary of your proposed research must be included with your application. Formatting instructions can be found here.
- Step 5: Provide two Letters of Reference; Two Letters of Reference are required as part of the application. Letters of Reference should be sent directly from Referees to [email protected]
- Step 6: Provide a copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- Step 7: Provide a copy of your transcript. Electronic copies are sufficient. International transcripts in a language other than English must be translated.
- Step 8: Complete the voluntary Self-Identification Survey.
- Step 9: Complete application checklist; complete and review the application checklist to make sure that your application is
complete, and submit the checklist along with your application.
- Step 10: Submit application by deadline; submit all application documents, including application checklist, application form,
summary of research proposal, transcripts, CV, letters of reference and self-identification survey by the application deadline to [email protected]
Note: Out of Cycle Applications: A small number of exceptional candidates may be considered throughout the year on a case by
case basis. Primary supervisors may request an out-of-cycle application for outstanding candidates in exceptional cases. A request to apply out of cycle must be submitted by the primary supervisor to the Training Committee by sending an email to [email protected]. If an out of cycle application is approved, primary supervisors must submit a letter of support as a supplement to the candidate’s application package.
For more information on the application process, click here.
Third Step: Selection and results
The VISTA Training Committee at York University is responsible for coordinating the selection process for the VISTA Training Scholarship applications, and for performing the preliminary review and ranking. The Faculty of Graduate Studies will review and make decisions on awards, and will communicate the results to the Training Committee.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline to [email protected].
- Results deadline: Results can be expected to be communicated by March 1, 2019 for the early deadline and May 18, 2019 for the late deadline.
- Acceptance and declines of offers: Applicants will have 21 days from the date of each offer of award to accept or decline. Replies can be sent to [email protected]. The status of offers not accepted or declined within the 21 days will automatically be considered Declined.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohammed Nour Allah Kseibati / Syria “
Reviewed by” Sohair Ahmed ElMeligy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team