Date.November 1, 2019
Lyman T. Johnson Postdoctoral Fellowship
In an effort to contribute to the mission of enhancing diversity, the University of Kentucky established the Lyman T. Johnson Postdoctoral Fellowships to support postdoctoral fellows in graduate and professional areas. The fellowships are named in honor of UK’s first African-American graduate student, Lyman T. Johnson
Fellowship recipients pursue an individualized research program under the mentorship of one or more UK professors and actively participate in departmental and professional research related activities. Fellows play a lead role in designing, developing and implementing research programs that contribute to a department’s overall graduate education and research mandates.
:Opportunity Focus Areas
- .All graduate and professional areas
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
for up to two years
The initial appointment is for 12 months, but recipients may apply for a second year.
- By the time of award, the individual must be a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for .permanent residence
- Applicants must have completed the doctoral degree within the past two years or will complete the doctoral degree before the date of .appointment
- .Preference will be given to applicants who do not have a prior or present postdoctoral appointment at UK
- . Applicants who received their PhD at UK must be affiliated with a research group other than the one in which they did their prior research
:Selection criteria include
- .Evidence of scholarship with competitive potential for a tenure-track faculty appointment at a research university
- .Compatibility of specific research interests with those present in doctorate-granting units at UK
- .Quality of the fellowship proposal
- .Strong support from mentor and references
- .Compelling argument that the appointment would contribute to increasing the diversity within the research or professional area
.The fellowship provides a $47,476 stipend plus benefits. In addition, the fellow receives $2,000 for support of research activities
Application dossier should contain, a single PDF document that will be uploaded into the UK employment system
.First Step: Create an account from Here
.”Second Step:Then you will be returned to the opportunity’s description page, click on “Apply to this Job
.Third Step:Select ”Apply as Staff Application or Student Application or Academic Profile
.”Fourth Step: Start your application, when you finish click “Submit
You will be asked to provide the following documents:
- Cover letter that should address how participation in this program would contribute to the compelling interest of diversity at the University of Kentucky and in the profession. A discussion of career and training goals should also be included.
- Curriculum Vitae, including the references providing letters of recommendation.
- An original research proposal written independently by the applicant in a way that non-experts can evaluate (1,500 words or less; figures, schemas and references are not included in this total).
Additionally, the items below are required to be submitted. Please ask each of the following individuals to email their letters/materials to: [email protected] with the applicant’s name in the subject line by the stated date.
- A letter from the potential UK mentor and the Mentor’s curriculum vitae (5 page limit) that includes current and pending funding.
- A letter from the potential UK departmental chair indicating endorsement and appropriate departmental resources such as space and computer support.
- Three reference letters.
Address questions regarding the application process to [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Feryal Al-naseem / Yemen “
Reviewed by “ Salma Aittaleb / Morocco ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team